VGForums
Welcome to VGChat 2!

You'll need to log in or create a free account before connecting with a network of people who love all things gaming just as much as you.

VGForums

Discussing all things gaming since 2013.

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Some suggestions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyon
Forum Spokesperson II

PostSubject: Some suggestions.   Fri 01 Aug 2014, 2:21 pm

Edit: these are just suggestions if that wasn't clear from the title.

1) Stop advertising on the VG chatrooms.
I can't stress this enough, it's just making a bad reputation for the site, I doubt anyone is going to join if you're constantly annoying and spam the chatrooms.

2) Clean up the forum.
The forum looks like a mess to be completely honest, it has way to many boards, and half of them are useless. Why not simply make a new board called "General Discussion", and get rid of the boards that could be discussed in this board which are, E3, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, PC, Random topics, TV shows, Movies, Music videos, Songs, Albums, Wrestling, Basketball, Football, and Greetings to new people. You'd probably want to put the board on the top of the rest, and also have a different board under it, named, "Personal Exhibit", where members can showcase things they've made or cool things they've found, if this was and, the boards, Contests, Friend codes, and Rapbattles / share could be deleted. Another board could be made, by the name, "Games" where members can have games  like the "last person to post wins" game going on.

That's about it, the community seems to have died for the most part, so why not try and re-vamp the forums design a tiny bit to make it more appealing. But other than that I can't find much else wrong, I'm sure it'll grow in time.

Last edited by Kyon on Fri 01 Aug 2014, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AngelOfChaos179
Truly Regular

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions.   Fri 01 Aug 2014, 4:15 pm

Who the **** are you really if we need help we would ask people ok
Back to top Go down
Kyon
Forum Spokesperson II

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions.   Fri 01 Aug 2014, 4:24 pm

Berserker wrote:
Who the **** are you really if we need help we would ask people ok
Calm down mate. Just some suggestions. xD No need to throw a fit. If you didn't want any perhaps you should take the "suggestion" board down.
Back to top Go down
Terrellxd
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions.   Fri 01 Aug 2014, 9:19 pm

Plz calm down anime he does have a point in some stuff lol. ok the advertising is being done by the Spam Nation group. they used to spam our forums back then, trying to give this place a bad rep. they've been framing BLVD members for almost 2 years and still do smh.

I really don't give a fuk about boards right now to tell you the truth lol. the forums does need a new design thou and a infraction system.

--------------------------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Co-Admin of VGchat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.terrellxd.webs.com
Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions.   Fri 01 Aug 2014, 9:48 pm

I've noticed a person named "MollyClue" spamming our site in every chat. his/her IP does match up with "NSP Sexy Loppuny's", which is a spam nation member. like seriously these people have nothing better to do. just ignore the stupidity, Kyon they only do it to piss people off and want you guys to point the fingers on us.

I can help you out with the infraction system, Terry. I've gotten infractions at Bulbagarden a couple of times. I'll copy & paste it to you through pm that way, we can send out warnings and the amount of points they get. everyone agrees with you on this. yes the forums does need a new look. Jade's the skin designer and out of all our previous skins, this was the worst one lmao. Killz is the webmaster but he's been gone lately due to laptop damage. hopefully he return so i can ask him about future updates.

Back to top Go down
Oshawott

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions.   Fri 01 Aug 2014, 10:25 pm

I also agree with kyon in most parts. the major problem that we have is the shiit traffic here. we need more regulars for real. without advertising, how else are we going to attract new comers? I'm not saying going around other sites and advertise that's like dealing drugs on another block (Stealing costumers). Hm even we do manage to get about 5 new comers they never comeback anyway so i care anymore. i'm happy with we got here. Jade should get fired and replace him with terry. ;P

Back to top Go down
Kyon
Forum Spokesperson II

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions.   Sat 02 Aug 2014, 8:00 am

Terrellxd wrote:
Plz calm down anime he does have a point in some stuff lol. ok the advertising is being done by the Spam Nation group. they used to spam our forums back then, trying to give this place a bad rep. they've been framing BLVD members for almost 2 years and still do smh.

I really don't give a fuk about boards right now to tell you the truth lol. the forums does need a new design thou and a infraction system.
Understood, I had no idea you were being framed. Why not try and clean your reputation up, because it seems like that might be particularly hold some members back from joining.
I could probably help you with the new designs and infraction system, as I'm familiar with that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kyon
Forum Spokesperson II

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions.   Sat 02 Aug 2014, 8:02 am

Snivy wrote:
I've noticed a person named "MollyClue" spamming our site in every chat. his/her IP does match up with "NSP Sexy Loppuny's", which is a spam nation member. like seriously these people have nothing better to do. just ignore the stupidity, Kyon they only do it to piss people off and want you guys to point the fingers on us.

I can help you out with the infraction system, Terry. I've gotten infractions at Bulbagarden a couple of times. I'll copy & paste it to you through pm that way, we can send out warnings and the amount of points they get. everyone agrees with you on this. yes the forums does need a new look. Jade's the skin designer and out of all our previous skins, this was the worst one lmao. Killz is the webmaster but he's been gone lately due to laptop damage. hopefully he return so i can ask him about future updates.
Ah, I had no idea that's what was happening. I had no knowledge of you guys being impersonated, apologies.
Back to top Go down
Kyon
Forum Spokesperson II

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions.   Sat 02 Aug 2014, 8:06 am

Oshawott wrote:
I also agree with kyon in most parts. the major problem that we have is the shiit traffic here. we need more regulars for real. without advertising, how else are we going to attract new comers? I'm not saying going around other sites and advertise that's like dealing drugs on another block (Stealing costumers). Hm even we do manage to get about 5 new comers they never comeback anyway so i care anymore. i'm happy with we got here. Jade should get fired and replace him with terry. ;P
I agree, we don't want to little, but we don't want way to fuucking much, I wasn't saying to not advertise, I was just saying to not do it on like a site where  you'll get banned if you do so. There are plenty of forums you could advertise this site on, that have a place where you can.
Back to top Go down
AngelOfChaos179
Truly Regular

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions.   Sat 02 Aug 2014, 11:01 am

-paces around-ok terry
Back to top Go down
Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions.   Sat 02 Aug 2014, 10:47 pm

Kyon wrote:
Snivy wrote:

Ah, I had no idea that's what was happening. I had no knowledge of you guys being impersonated, apologies.

It's alright lad. xD

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions.   

Back to top Go down

Some suggestions.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1